Copied

How to update Adobe Lightroom 12.1  for Open Filw RAW Sony A7RV 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Nice!- 12.1 supports the A7RV.  Answers the questions.

And Australia is often last to get the update news! (Not that it affects my Nikon 🙂  )

As of today-

2022-12-14 05_15_45-Creative Cloud Desktop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app, left column near the top, click on updates, then at the top of the window, click on update all.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v12.1? Unless something is about to be released, the current LrC is v12.0.1 (a bug fix for v12.0)

per the link below, your camera is not yet supported:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

As your fellow members in this community are not Adobe employees, we have no idea when v12.1 will come out.

ahh, wait is over, and you are in luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? Wait for the next release of LrC.

See the answer from Rikk Flohr here-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-amp-information-ne...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for Open Filw RAW Sony A7RV 

The A7RV is not yet supported. Many people have asked for an update for this camera.

We all have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to wait...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC app is showing the LrC V 12.1 update and has been all day. I updated my standby Win 10 machine, but I haven't tried to run 12.1 yet. I don't use anything but Nikon cameras, so I would'nt be able to test the Canon tethering updates.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1 supports the A7RV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“We” can't comment on what you see in ACC just yet. Your eyesight is fine. 

What I can say without getting into trouble and did on another forum:

Before some people (continue) to freak out, a rollout of new products from Adobe through ACC can take some time by design; IOW, today may be tomorrow! 

Let's talk then. 😉

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So before I buy this camera, can I edit the raws? yes or no, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe list a camera here https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html  then yes you should be able edit the raw files from that camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Just purchased 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So before I buy this camera, can I edit the raws? yes or no, thanks

By @Eli27549309bxof

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice!- 12.1 supports the A7RV.  Answers the questions.

And Australia is often last to get the update news! (Not that it affects my Nikon 🙂  )

As of today-

2022-12-14 05_15_45-Creative Cloud Desktop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By design, ACC doesn't update or show updates for all users at the same time. I only saw the option for updates (in the US/New Mexico) this morning. Then, maybe due to how many where trying to update, ACC kept saying "waiting". Rebooted the Mac, and downloaded just after. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may wish to have a look at the list of supported cameras, which has just been posted by Adobe https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines