• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update Lightroom 4 to latest version

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 4 and am wondering how to update it to latest version. Do I simply download the latest version? If so, will all my photos from the Lightroom 4 automatically transfer over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

If you are truly talking about the "latest version" of Lightroom, then you are referring to Lightroom Classic CC. It is a subscription-based Lightroom. You cannot simply download it, but you must subscribe to it. In the US, the cost is $9.99/month, and it includes Lightroom as well as the latest Photoshop. When you install Lightroom Classic CC, the first time you run it, it will find the catalog you have been using and will prompt you to upgrade the catalog. You should allow that to happen. The

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are truly talking about the "latest version" of Lightroom, then you are referring to Lightroom Classic CC. It is a subscription-based Lightroom. You cannot simply download it, but you must subscribe to it. In the US, the cost is $9.99/month, and it includes Lightroom as well as the latest Photoshop. When you install Lightroom Classic CC, the first time you run it, it will find the catalog you have been using and will prompt you to upgrade the catalog. You should allow that to happen. The upgrade process will create a new copy of the catalog that is compatible with Lightroom Classic CC, leaving your original catalog intact and usable with the previous version of Lightroom that you have been using. I don't know if this is what you are interested in. But that is how you move to the latest version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also after the latest version of Lightroom4. I have version 4.1 and looks like the 4.4 update was written but Adobe have removed access to the update. I'm disappointed. I understand them not creating further updates as they've moved to a subscription based membership. But, I purchased an Adobe product and if an update has been written for my product that I paid for, it seems very strange that they won't let me access it. Not great support from where I sit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer have links to older versions of Lightroom, however you can try the one available from Pro Design at the link below for the latest update to version 4.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-4-is-out.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prodesigntools.com has a valid link for Windows LR 4.4.1, but the one for Mac doesn't work. See here for links to both Windows and Mac versions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/update-lightroom-4-1-to-4-4/m-p/1253914... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines