• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade Lightroom v5.2 to v7.5 or higher

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased/subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud ($52.99/mo) and I had a question about Lightroom (I'm on a M1 MacMini). My current Lightroom version number is v5.2 and I was trying to update to v7.5 or higher. My Creative Cloud Control Panel states that everying is "Up to Date." I have automatic updates on, as well.

The reason for my question is that I just purchased Jared Polin's FroPack Bundle and it requires LightroomCC v7.5 to install the 44 presets. I'd thought I'd try out the presets but, without the proper version to do so, I cannot. The v5.2 has no presets that I can find.

So my question is, how can I update Lightroom to the proper version of v7.5 (or higher)? Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Sincerely,
Jeffrey
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Sounds like you subscribed to the Creative Cloud All Apps plan.

Now as for Lightroom, Adobe has several models The one called Lightroom is currently v5.2. This app is the one that runs on your desktop, but stores a Album on the cloud, and your photos on the cloud. It is also known as Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Cloudy, and by us old farts, Lightroom POS. It is part of the Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud Based)

In that same ecosystem, their is Lightroom Mobil, for running on a mobile device, it is cu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are in the wrong forum, this is the Lightroom Classic forum, and you do not have Lightroom Classic.

I also think 5.2 is the latest version number for Lightroom. I believe as far as presets go, you have the proper version, but really, don't take my word for it, go to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies in posting to the incorrect forum. I just downloaded Creative Cloud earlier today and I'm finding my way around. Thank you for the guidance and I'll post on that forum. Have a great night!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you subscribed to the Creative Cloud All Apps plan.

Now as for Lightroom, Adobe has several models The one called Lightroom is currently v5.2. This app is the one that runs on your desktop, but stores a Album on the cloud, and your photos on the cloud. It is also known as Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Cloudy, and by us old farts, Lightroom POS. It is part of the Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud Based)

In that same ecosystem, their is Lightroom Mobil, for running on a mobile device, it is current v7.2

Now, the original Lightroom, the Lightroom that runs on your computer, stores a catalog on your computer, and uses photos typically but not limited to your computer, is Lightroom Classic, currently v11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear GoldingD,

Thank you very much for your response. I sinecerely appreciate your input regarding the different versions, models, and modes of Lightroom. I always wondered about that. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines