• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How turn off Blurb's Auto Enhance feature in the Lightroom book module?

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a black and white photo book in the LR Classic module and I plan to publish the book using Blurb. How do I turn off Blurb's Auto Enhance feature so that Blurb will NOT adjust my photos? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blurb's auto enhance feature will have to be turned off on their end. You may want to reach out the them before you send the book to print and ask them where / how you can request that they do not adjust your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that Blurb has an auto enhance feature for books sent from Lightroom? I have never heard of that and it would surprise me that they would do this on books coming in from a professional application like Lightroom. They do have this in their own Bookwright app (which can be turned off), but that does not mean it must be used for Lightroom books as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also saw the Boowright app and thought that it wouldn't apply to books uploaded from Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of research, I agree. Auto Enhance is a local feature in Blurb's Bookwright app and does not apply in Lightroom. I hope we are right because I ordered six copies of a 90 page book based on that assumption. 🙂 Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know that you can get a proof before you run 6 books! I would recommend that : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JohanElzenga wrote:

Are you sure that Blurb has an auto enhance feature for books sent from Lightroom? I have never heard of that and it would surprise me that they would do this on books coming in from a professional application like Lightroom.

News to me as well. Not my experience in the few Blurb books out of LR I've made, some for actual color measurements (not that their output is close to 'best in class".

I do know the data is sent to them in sRGB. Not ideal but not the end of the world. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines