How will I access a specified version of Lightroom in the future?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a subscription, what happens in ten or twenty years when I want to open my old computer and work on an old photo from a previous library? How will I be able to access the specified version of software if I'm no longer paying for it, the latest version is no longer in existence, or no longer compatible, etc?

I am very hesitant to begin a monthly subscription. I don't see the value, I just see future headaches.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what happens when the subscription ends, see

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/cancel-cc-subscription-photos/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is a subscription, what happens in ten or twenty years when I want to open my old computer and work on an old photo from a previous library?

Not sure what you mean by "work on". Once your subscription ends, your Lightroom Classic library module still works 100% and you can import, add metadata, search, export your edited photos, and do everything that the Library Module allows. In fact, the only things that don't work are the Develop Module and Map Module and synchronizing with the cloud after the subscription ends.

How will I be able to access the specified version of software if I'm no longer paying for it

The old version of Lightroom Classic should still be on your old computer. Why wouldn't it be?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines