• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HP Spectre x360 - 16GB + 1TB SSD

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just bought the machine above.  I am very disappointed with its performance with Lightroom CC.  I was previously running Lightroom CC on a 7 year old HP Envy and can not really see much of a difference in the performance of either machine.  Any tips would be most appreciated... thank you... Dave

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with Lightroom CC

As Adobe no longer sells Lightroom CC, nor calls any of their Lightroom applications Lightroom CC, I just have to ask, What exact version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for the reply.  Its LRC v10.3, part of the Adobe creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Spectre x360 - 16GB + 1TB SSD

Which one:

hp-spectre-x-360

Wondering about:

• CPU installed, their are several options
  • Descreate GPU installed, or just Integrated Video controller
  • Installed drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, its a HP Spectre x360 - 13-aw0054na

CPU = Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz, 1498 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I am not sure how to find out if its a descrete GPU, or integrated video controller

The drive installed is a Model Intel Optane+954GBSSD

hope that helps ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Edit/some question filled out based on OP reply(s) occuring while creating this reply

Some additional questions.

hmm, note; I used the term PC, just generic, not implying workstation as opposed to laptop, or notebook, etc

CPU clock speed:

• Old PC?
  • New PC? 1.3 Ghz, with Intel Turbobist: 3.9

.note, that some state LrC does not like overclocking. Might be more of an issue when overclocking via software, as opposed to BIOS.

CPU cores

• Old PC? 
  • New PC? 4

issue is probably moot, issue is does either computer CPU have less than 4 cores, more than 4 cores of no importance in LrC

CPU installed

• Old PC
  • New PC: Intel Core i7-1065G7

I do not have, but use, a link about Workstation vs Gaming computer CPU, a link on Workstation vs Notebook CPU. It is not all about Clock speed and number of cores. Certantly CACHE on CPU, but fairly sure other specs are involved.

CPU voltage (is this a Low Voltage CPU?)

• Old PC
  • New PC : apparently power efficient, as opposed to low power, hmmm 

if the CPU is a low power one, then you  cannot take advantage of some OS performance improvements that eat up electricity, specifically Change Power Settings to High Performance to Optimize Speed

RAM

• Old PC?
  • New PC? 16 GB

less than 16 GB will hurt, more than 16 GB might help

Discreet GPU

• Old PC, does it have one? What make/model
  • New PC, does it have one? What make/model: No, integrated Video card only, Intel Irus Plus

note, talking about an actual discrete GPU (tyically NVIDIA or AMD), not an integrated Video Controller (tyicalli Intel) . If you do not have a discreet GPU, then you cannot take advantage of the use Graphics Processor option.

GPU VRAM, if a discreet GPU  exists

• Old PC?
  • New PC?: none

This would be dedicated VRAM for the GPU, not shared RAM as would be used by an integrated Video Card. If you do not have at least 2Gb of VRAM, then you cannot take advantage of use Graphics Processor option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought the machine above.  I am very disappointed with its performance with Lightroom CC.

Disappointed in the performance of which actions in Lightroom Classic??? Please be specific

I note that the Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 is not particularly fast by today's standards, according to the tests at cpubenchmark.net, it is in the bottom 40% of CPUs that they keep track of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering, CPU touted as Power efficient, as opposed to low power, had it been low power, then a Windows OS tweak of increasing CPU power consumption, would fail. Same here?

as on, tip 8 in the following would not work:

https://au.pcmag.com/migrated-15175-windows-10/5180/12-simple-tweaks-to-speed-up-windows-10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  Weirdly, my laptop decided to do some updates and it seems much quicker.  Thanks for breaking down the spec of my laptop.  I will also save the article with regard to tweaks to speed up windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was mainly to do with loading RAW files into the "Develop" mode.  Thankfully, the laptop has done some windows updates since my last post and all seems well.  Thank you for asking the question... any more problems Ill be back to the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines