Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

HSL adjustments locally possible in LrC ?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I want to make red tones more intense or light but just inside a selection, selection made with radial filter for example. Can I do that in lightroom? If I have to go over to PS for this task, what would be the quickest way? If it's NOT possible inside LR I very much like to see this feature added!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021
You can't use the HSL sliders but you can use the Color Range Mask in local adjustments; 1 Use one of the Local Selection tools to Select and area that includes the red you want to change2 Use the Range Mask/Color to select just the range of color you want.3 Change the local Hue, Saturation and Exposue sliders. Exposure is the substitute for L in HSL Check Youtube for a video on using the Color Range Mask in Lightroom Classic for more info.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Saturation local slider, there is an Exposure local slider, and there is a Hue local slider (in the last few versions of LrC). So, select the area of interest, then adjust the saturation, exposure and hue as needed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use the HSL sliders but you can use the Color Range Mask in local adjustments;

1 Use one of the Local Selection tools to Select and area that includes the red you want to change

2 Use the Range Mask/Color to select just the range of color you want.

3 Change the local Hue, Saturation and Exposue sliders. Exposure is the substitute for L in HSL

Check Youtube for a video on using the Color Range Mask in Lightroom Classic for more info.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bob, that works really well!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines