• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL click-and-drag picker does not work

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select either of the click-and-drag pickers from the HSL panel, the clicking and dragging does nothing: the sliders don't move.

What's interesting is that they only don't work when I click in a dark area. The moment I click and drag in a light area, the picker works...

This makes no sense to me, and I have never had this issue before. Quitting LR and restarting did not solve the problem.

I made a short clip to show you what happens.

MacOS 10.15.7

LR Classic 11.1

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the area you are trying to adjust is monochrome (R=G=B) then this is normal behavior. There is no color to modify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Todd. The RGB values are not the same, but close. I am surprised that I have never experienced this before.

It doesn't make sense to me. Even if the RGB values were exactly the same in the area that I click in, I would still expect LR to be able to increase/decrease luminosity in all similar tones in the image ā€” that's what it's programmed to do.

Anyway, thank you for your help ā€” much appreciated.

Best,

Marsel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The HSL panel has eight color-specific controls (Red to Magenta). With a monochrome sampled area there is no Hue or Saturation component to modify. Adobe probably disabled the Luminosity control for monochrome sample area since it would simply move ALL eight color controls in unison. Just a guess! If you want to modify the luminsosity of a specific monochrome tonal range you can use the Color Range control (SHIFT + J). This also allows using a mask to restrict the area of applicaion. Does that make sense.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/apply-local-adjustments.html#color-range-mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines