• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I accidently moved ' MobileDownloads.lrdata ' when trying to relocate to an external drive

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to move my sync'd photos in 'MobileDownloads.lrdata', I moved the catalogue and now even after replacing it to the original file, Lightroom Classic can't find the originals, and the size of the catalogue is now 40kB (previously 86GB). Can I redownload the photos to access them on Lightroom Classic?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but you have to try to better explain what you did and what happened. In the title of your message you mention moving 'MobileDownloads.lrdata', but in the message itself you suddenly talk about 'catalog'. Those are not the same thing, so what exactly did you move? You also say that what you moved was previously 86 GB, and now it is only 40 KB. That can't be the catalog file, so I assume that is (a new copy of) 'MobileDownloads.lrdata'. So what happened to the 86 GB version? Where is it now? Most likely you only have to replace that new 40 KB file with the original 86 GB file, but we need to know the details before we can advise to do that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, my apologies.

I moved MobileDownloads.lrdata to a folder on my external drive, not realizing that lightroom was open and syncing still. When I saw the error message saying it couldn't find my photos, I quickly tried to move it back, and confirmed a file with the name MobileDownloads.lrdata was in the original folder.

Thinking it was back in the original location I deleted the "moved" file on the extrenal drive, closed lightroom and re-opened it. The error message was still present on the sync'd images, and I went to the MobileDownloads.lrdata in the original location and looked at the info for the file, which shows it to now be a very small size.

I am afraid that I have caused a problem with the syncing, and am wondering how to fix it so that I can once again see my Cloud photos, uploaded from Lightroom on my iPad, on my Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So do you, or don't you have a copy of that 86 GB file somewhere? Maybe in a backup? If you do, then replacing that new small file with this copy -while Lightroom is not running- should fix it. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines