• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having a problem with the new lightroom.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with the new lightroom.
When I make a modification to a psd, the image is not updated in the lightroom feed. This changed with the latest version. How do I get the images updated?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify what you mean by "new lightroom". We need the exact NAME of your software, and the exact version NUMBER of your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, see (ref 1). Relates to Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. 

Photoshop format (PSD)

Photoshop format (PSD) is the standard Photoshop file format. To import and work with a multi-layered PSD file in Lightroom, the file must be saved in Photoshop with the Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility preference turned on. You’ll find the option in the Photoshop file handling preferences. Lightroom imports and saves PSD files with a bit depth of 8 bits or 16 bits per channel. To work with 32-bit images in Lightroom, save your file as TIFF or PSB.

(ref 1) : https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/supported-file-formats.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And more context. Most of us do not import PSD files into Lightroom Classic . We might however, accomplish an Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom Classic. Is that what you are trying? Context is important.

If that is what you are doing, then, when you are finished in PS, do you select, Save, or perhaps Close, or (hopfully not) Save As?

All this what if, do you mean, how about, is avoidable with more context in original post, my bad, should be  waiting for answers to earlier inquiries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10.
Until yesterday, when I modified a psd file it would update in lightroom when I zoomed in on the image inside Lightroom. Before, you didn't even have to zoom.
It's Lightroom 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s Lightroom Classic 10.3 you can abbreviate LrC 10.3.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I modified a psd file

Is that

• When in LrC you selected a photo that has a PSD format, and accomplished a develop module edit, the edit did not appear on screen until I zoomed in?

Or is that,

• I selected a photo in LrC, selected Edit in Photoshop, made edits in Photoshop, closed photoshop, the new photo that is a PSD file, now in LrC does not show the edits until I zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines