• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to simply access a catalog on a external hard drive - in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a catalog on an external hard drive in photoshop classic and it keeps telling me it is in use by another application. I cant see that it is. I tried shutting down everything on the computer and rebooting that should shut down all applications, but it comes back up with the same comment.   HELP!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to open your catalog. I believe you are referring to Lightroom Classic & not Photoshop Classic, right?

Please check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely what happened is that a previous run of Lightroom did not close down correctly and left a "lock" file on the drive, which marks the catalog as still in use.

Using your computer's file browser, navigate to the folder containing your LrCat file. If there is a ".lock" file with the same name as your catalog, delete the ".lock" file. Delete nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines