• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can’t delete any video files within Lightroom. When I want to delete video from Lightroom Catalog,

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t delete any video files within Lightroom. When I want to delete video from Lightroom Catalog, it says: ‘The file named ……. could not be moved to the Recycle Bin.’

There must be a bug surely?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you delete photos?

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic? What version NUMBER of your operating system? (We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem as the poster three years ago. I'm using Lightroom Classic 13.3.1., Camera Raw 16.3.1, Windows 11, ver 23H2. 

When I right click on a video in the Lightroom Classic library to "remove photo" I have the choice to remove from disk or simply to remove from lightroom. If I select the option to remove from disk, I get the error mentioned by the original poster:  

"The file named filename.MOV could not be moved to the recycle Bin."  Still images, whether raw, jpeg, or whatever can be deleted.  The .mov files can be removed from the catalog using the other option, but this doesn't get rid of the file itself.  It doesn't matter how big the .mov file is -- whether a 2 second clip or 10 minute video, they apparently can't be removed from the disk from lightroom the way photos can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines