• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I could use some help. Presets are not loading.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Ive been using LR for years and have never had this problem. I just bought a new preset pack {everything was fine before hand} uploaded the pack and then it seems they ALL disappeared. Though it will show the "effect" on the photo but you cant see what youre using like the names and what not. Ive updated both LR and my computer. Ive gone into prefences and made sure that the box "show partial compatible develop presets" Im not sure what else to do.I have attaached a photo for example. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are editing a JPEG, try a RAW file, for the most part, develop presets are not for JPEG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also

There are some presets which are partially compatible with the selected photo as not all of the settings of the preset can be applied to the photo. If you want to see the partially compatible presets, go to Edit Preferences Presets (Windows) or Lightroom Classic > Preference Presets (macOS) and select Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets.

that from: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/presets-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Your screenshot shows the Presets panel is tall and blank. Normally, if you had hidden all the preset groups and there were no presets to display, the Presets panel would be short and blank, like this:

johnrellis_0-1638739829278.png

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines