• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I did something that hid some photos, how do un-hide them?

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I did, but I went searching for some photos this evening and couldn't find them, so I eneded up pulling them from (Apple's) Photo and tried importing them into LR only to find "don't import selected duplicates" prevented LR from importing them. I then noticed that it says "2800 of 3560" at the bottom of the Library window. 

All of my filters are turned off. 

I went throught the drop down windows looking for a command to unhide, but couldn't find anything. 

How do I make all my photos visible again?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Follow all of these four steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Classic Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic Filter Bar

If any step finds the photos, that will provide the clue to what you did and thus you have made the photos visible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow all of these four steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Classic Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic Filter Bar

If any step finds the photos, that will provide the clue to what you did and thus you have made the photos visible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. It was stacks. Those photos were all stacked together so I couldn't see them when I was scrolling. 

Have a happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines