• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do not have one of the options in my LRC Catalog to sync to my other Lightroom Devices

Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac 12.6 on a Mac Studio. I'm on LRC 12.0.1

I've done collections many times in the past and there's never been an issue. I just set up two small folders in the Collection section and nothing is happening over many hours. I have Sync turned on.

I looked up what the cause might be and found this:

2022-11-08_20-37-01.png

When setting up my Collection options for these new collections, this is what I'm seeing:

2022-11-08_20-34-21.png

You'll notice that I do not have what the marked region in #5 above wants me to check off. In my preferences, I do have everything set to do what it's supposed to do.

What am I missing? How do I get these folders to sync like I have other folders? 

Thanks for any help,

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the catalog is synced? Can you share a screengrab of the cloud panel in the upper right corner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved — user error. While I still have no idea why my screengrab does not mesh with the instructions I showed a screenshot of, the solution was I forgot to click the sync icon on the left-hand side. Just plain forgot about that. 

Curiously, that requirement was not given in the Adobe instructions. Anyhow, I did that, and all is well now.

2022-11-09_09-11-28.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should still be there Gary. It may be that it doesn't think your current catalog is your main sync catalog. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc Sean is correct. When the catalog is synced you will see an option to sync the collection in the Create Collection panel. Your screen grab does not show that option. This makes me think the catalog is, or was not synced to Lightroom.

Catalog sync is controlled in the cloud icon panel. It is the first, and very important step to syncing collections. Sadly this step is missing from the instructions you shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Theresa J & @SeanMcCormack 

It's there now, on the bottom (also, the text is a bit different). I've no clue as to what happened. But the files are now synced even though I never checked the box that wasn't there before. If I can recreate that, I'll report that, but it's hard to re-create when I do not know how the issue occurred!

2022-11-10_17-32-18.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure your sync wasn't turned on when you first created the Collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe. I know I clicked on it many times (not quickly) to see if one way or the other would make a difference, and finally, it did. However, my memory says that that's the way it was when I opened that up. Still, nothing happened until I clicked on the Sync icon, as shown above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines