• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloadedupdated LR Classic but files and folders were not loaded from previous version

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the updated LR Classic but my files and folders were not loaded. How do I retrieve them?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the LrC menu command File->Open Recent and try each catalog shown there until you find the one you want.

Otherwise, in your operating system, find your catalog file from the previous version of LrC and double-click on it to open it in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both suggestions but the files were not uploaded. Thank you for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both suggestions but the files were not uploaded. Thank you for the response.

By @martyphoto

Then you did not find the right catalog file. Use your operating system's search feature to search for all files in all folders on all disks, whose name ends with .LRCAT (might be lower case) and then try opening each one in LrC until you find the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all but unfortunately, I am not that adept at PS and it didn't work for me. Adobe support corrected my problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@martyphoto , I do not understand your statement, " I am not adept at PS".

Lightroom Classic is an individual application and does not function like Photoshop.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried all but unfortunately, I am not that adept at PS and it didn't work for me. Adobe support corrected my problem 

By @martyphoto

And yet the suggestion I provided required you to be adept at your operating system. So I don't think you tried excatly what I suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines