• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a new MacRook Pro version 12.3.1 and have been unable to migrate my apple photos

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I curretnly have Lightroom Classic and followed the Apple instructions on how to migrate without success as lightroom did not reecognize Apple photos. Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you cannot migrate your photos to Adobe Lightroom.

Which version of the application are you using? How are you trying to migrate?

Do you see any error messages? What is your system specification? Does it have sufficient disk space? 

There may be many reasons for this issue. Please check this article to resolve possible issues while migrating photos and videos from Apple Photos to Lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/apple-photos-migration-errors.html.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-Classic does not have a function to migrate from the Mac Photos App.

Export the Apple Photos library by selecting "export originals" to the hard drive. Then Import the images to Lightroom Classic...

There is a long blog article on this topic, published in 2016 when Lightroom-Classic was just called "Lightroom".

! Moving from Apple Photos to Lightroom - The WHY and the HOW! | Photofocus

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here an interesting video, this may help with your project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFFiUoCCeAk

1. Please make a full backup of you MacBook before you try this, worst case you can restore your old date if something is going wrong.

2. Maybe you can create first a smal apple photo library to test if it will work, should be quicker to test. Maybe just 100 photos.

Ralf

I use MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017, Intel Core i7 / 16GB / 500GB SSD) with macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1

Lightroom Classic (LrC 11.2) / Photoshop (Ps 23.2.2) / Lightroom (Lr 5.2) with Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option to consider is Avalanche, a paid program. It's long provided high-quality conversions from Aperture to Lightroom (far superior to the built-in Aperture/Iphoto Importer Plug-in).  They recently added support for the Apple Photos app. The first release of that support bringers over metadata, but it doesn't convert edits made to the photos (promised for later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines