Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

I have a question about Lightroom before installing.

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Photos has become useless to me because I can't move beyond the screen within albums. Nor will manual sorting order maintain between iOS and macOS, even within Keyword sorting.

1. Will Lightroom allow me to sort my library of images into sortable albums, that will maintain sorting between macOS & iOS?

2. Is it possible to number images within Lightroom albums to sort in numerical order that is maintained in both iOS and macOS?

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic Folders maps what's on the drive. It's not a browser, so only shows what's imported. That said if you have a parent folder with subfolders imported, it will mirror the drive. 

Lightroom Classic has a number of sequencing options in its renaming, all of which rename the file on the drive. 

Lightroom (the mobile ecosystem) pays no heed to naming and has no renaming tools. 

Sean McCormack http://seanmccormack.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about Lightroom (which stores photos in "the cloud") or Lightroom Classic (which stores photos locally)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines