• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have over 5K photos "synced" but not sure how...

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lr Classic (Mac OS) and Lr mobile (iPhone). I have over 5,000 images that are synced between the two, but I am confused about where these images actually 'live'. It was my understanding that in Lr Classic, images are placed into collections and you can choose what collections to sync. I've checked my connections in Lr Classic, and while a few are synced, they only account for a handful of images — not 5,000.

There is a folder on my hard drive where these sycned images are stored (I do not recall creating this folder), and these are all duplicates of original images that I have stored and organized. I'm very confused about how all these images are synced, when they are not in a collection. Can anyone help me understand where these are syncing from, so I can determine if I can just delete the folder on my hard drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lr mobile can also synch pictures from the iPhone. You simply may have synched those pictures and imported them the classic way into your Lr Classic database, for those who are duplicates.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines