• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Windows 11 and CC 12.01. Worked fine now I cannot import images or save a backup.

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 11 and CC 12.01. Worked fine now I cannot import images or save a backup.  I am using Dropbox Online/Offline as the location of the Catalog.  The issue started on 1/2/2023.  Should I roll back to 12.0?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Lightroom Classic 12.1?

Generally, it is not a good idea to put the LrC catalog in a Dropbox folder, as this often leads to catalog corruption.

What happens when you cannot import? What do you see on your screen? Describe in detail. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited error message.

What happens when you cannot create a backup? What do you see on your screen? Describe in detail. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_page,

It looks like I fixed my import problem by changing permissions to full.  Not sure what that would have changed by itself but seems to be working now.

bobk82106442_0-1672861950585.png

Here is the storage left on the drive:

bobk82106442_1-1672863337314.png

Here is the properties for Icat.  Should have enough space for a Backup, I would think.

bobk82106442_2-1672863447944.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conflicted copy is a DropBox thing. I don't know the reason why this happens, but I'm sure someone does. Again, it is not a good idea to keep catalogs in a DropBox folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say thanks for helping.  It has had that conflicted file name for more than a year.  But any idea why it would suddenly stop being able to create a backup? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your third screenshot shows that the folder that Lightroom wants to use to save the copy is read-only. That is why Lightroom can't save the backup and that is why it says in the first screenshot that you need to check the permissions.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines