• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I JUST CHANGE MACS AND ADOBE WONT RECOGNIZE SERIAL NUMBER FOR MY LIGHTROOM 6 PURCHASE

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP

After 2hrs on the phone with Adobe customer support, I have been sent here for a solution.  I purchased lightroom 6 in feb of 2018, and used it on my 2012 macbook pro up until today. I now have a 2015 macbook pro, and used a timemachine back up of the old HD and everything works fine, all my software, except for Lightroom 6, which asked me for the serial number for the purchase, and now does not recognize it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my software running again. Thanks 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction

When you 'Chat' to Adobe, insist that you only want your Activations Reset, and you are not asking for "support".

There are other forum threads with the same topic. For example-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/how-deactivating-1-lightroom-6-0/m-p/11880813#M38141

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/lightroom-6-deactivation-activation/td-p/12062523

It's likely you cannot activate such an old version of LR. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how is that legal? I purchased this app, Its only 3 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultt1zpc06ia6n5 wrote:

So how is that legal? I purchased this app, Its only 3 years old.

Did you read the EULA?

https://www.adobe.com/products/eula/tools/captivate.html

You didn't buy this software. You purchased a license and agreed to the EULA just to install it.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update for Lightroom 6 was released in Dec 2017, at that time Adobe announced that there would no further updates. Support was discontinued about a year later.

Lightroom had a unique licensing system in that it was the first version that they required online registration and only allowed two activated installations at any point in time. The activation is unit specific and requires the unit to be connected online to deactivate and activate.

A new unit could mean a new mother board or major component changes.

If you already have two activated installations and you need to activate a "new unit" you would need to deactivate one of the activated units.

To deactivate a unit you have to be able to connect the unit online using your Adobe ID, user name is the e-mail account you used previously, if that is not physically possible then you will have to contact Adobe via phone or chat and have them deactivate one or all of the activated units. This is not something you can achieve by yourself.

You will need to supply your Adobe ID and serial number, if the serial number is an update you will also have to supply the serial number of the previous version.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes total sense. I have only installed in on one machine, my 2012 MBP. I will call again tomorrow, however the 5 different people I spoke with were clueless to this possibility.  I basically got the "you are using an old application we no longer support stop bothering me" response until the final call, a young lady emailed me a link to download the .dmg file, which I still have, then sent me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction

When you 'Chat' to Adobe, insist that you only want your Activations Reset, and you are not asking for "support".

There are other forum threads with the same topic. For example-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/how-deactivating-1-lightroom-6-0/m-p/11880813#M38141

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rob_Cullen, you saved my life! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines