• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I loaded all pictures from computer file from a certain date to Lr Classic, I only wanted 3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded all pictures from computer file from a certain date to Lr Classic, I only wanted 3. How do I remove them all and start again and after that how do I just get in the three I wanted to merge, stack whatever, I don't understand the difference. I really have developed a bad headach trying to learn this product. None of the tutorials I find onlone look like what I have so I am stuck figuring this out on my own. I did find out I was originally in the cloud version, swiched to Classic, tried to import the pictures I was working on but could not so tried to load the three I wanted from my computer and got everything in that file. I have a hard time learning this as I have ADD/ADHD so please be patient with me as I may have to ask followup questions to your answers, I am not stupid, just dense. Thank you for any help given.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

In the import dialogbox, click on "Check None" which unchecks everything, then click the box on the 3 photos you want.

To get rid of everything in your Lightroom Classic, do a Ctrl-A to select all photos, then press the Delete button and then in the next dialog box click on Remove from Lightroom (or similar words, I don't remember).

Spend some time learning to import, it will be time well spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Import (not "load") photos into Lightroom Classic, the Import dialog box allows you to select which photos you want to import. You do that by checking the little box to the top left of each photo for the ones you want, while leaving the rest unchecked. Only the checked photos will be imported.

None of the tutorials I find onlone look like what I have so I am stuck figuring this out on my own.

There are two products with similar names. One is called Lightroom Classic (LrC icon) and the other is called, confusingly, Lightroom (Lr icon). Make sure the videos you are watching are for the appropriate product that you are actually using. If the videos don't look like what you are using, then you probably are watching videos for the wrong product.

Once you have determined which product you are using, it would be a very good idea to find some appropriate tutorials, or for you to download and read the free beginner e-books (which are free, and don't cost anything) at lightroomqueen.com. If all you want to do is merge photos, I'm afraid you still have to master the basics of importing. Although if all you want to do is merge photos, perhaps Lightroom or Lightroom Classic is the wrong program for you; Photoshop (and probably dozens of other programs) can merge photos for you, without all the overhead involved in Lightroom/Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off thank you for the reply. When I went to the folder I wanted the pictures from and clicked on it looked to me like everthing was checked. I did click on the three I wanted to merge (And then edit) hoping that they would be the only ones to import but everything imported. Is there a way to get rid of all the pictures that imported all at once and then start again? I have problems with my hands from car accidents and don't want to have to click each one. Thank you very much for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the import dialogbox, click on "Check None" which unchecks everything, then click the box on the 3 photos you want.

To get rid of everything in your Lightroom Classic, do a Ctrl-A to select all photos, then press the Delete button and then in the next dialog box click on Remove from Lightroom (or similar words, I don't remember).

Spend some time learning to import, it will be time well spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm very sorry I thought I'd thank you before but apparently I did not. Thank you very much that is what it was and it worked splendidly when I did what you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines