Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

I love lightroom but…

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Lightroom it's easy to use, all the new features you all are putting in there, but can you create a better version all together with Lightroom that make it like the other Raw editors out there like capture one.  I tried it, and it's really good  the images I can't describe it, just looks different.  Like they have more details that shows up in the image and the sliders are really more natural acting , I like that they have layers, and levels in there. And the Raw converter is like it enhances the images automatically, and you just put the finishing touches on them. But I'm a Adobe person, and I want to stick with Lightroom I just wish you all would create from the ground up to a more update one, and bring over layers, more natural sliders like clarity, highlight, darks, whites, and blacks that are very more natural like. Also add healing and stamp tools, better sharpen and noise features make them more natural, update the interface, add sky replacement, better dodge and burn tools make them more natural. make it better than any other Raw Converter out there.  

Thank you

Lightroom forever. 

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post this in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom 

Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum, and they won't see your feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... but can you create a better version all together with Lightroom that make it like the other Raw editors out there like capture one.

No, I can't. The people in this forum are not Adobe employees, and can't write code or change the way Lightroom Classic works. You should submit your request at2020-08-27 11_44_29-Lightroom Classic on Adobe Support Community.png:

By the way, I think you are wasting your time, I doubt Adobe want's their software to be MORE like Capture One. I think they probably feel Lightroom Classic is extremely popular the way it is. They will add new features, of course, but not because it makes the software more like Capture One.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but can you create a better version all together with Lightroom that make it like the other Raw editors out there like capture one.

It's a fair question although you're facing the dilemma of comparing similar software apps and wishing you could take the best of each to produce the "perfect" app. Unless companies acquire each other or merge, I don't see that happening.

Like the other posters here, I don't see Adobe changing Lightroom to be more like Capture One. I use both - different markets. Adobe have created Lightroom to be used as-is - carefully tailored to photography workflows - then use Photoshop for anything else. Photoshop & Lightroom have aways been promoted as a partnership by Adobe.

If anything Capture One need to keep adding more and more Photoshop features since their users don't have layers etc unless Capture One includes them. Capture One users may envy missing features such as Lightroom's panoramas and HDR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As others have noted, this is a user-based group.

That said, as someone who uses both LRC and C1, I will say that if Adobe ever made LRC similar to C1 then people here would be upset that LRC has become more complicated. For me, it's wonderful to know there are options available to fit different needs.

warmly/j

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines