• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm new to photoshop and lightroom. How do you import a photo back into Lightroom from Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import a photo back into Lightroom from Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Hi Francenet22,

When you are viewing an image in Lightroom, and you choose to "Edit In" Photoshop, the round-trip process is automatic. Simply make your Photoshop edits, and then close the file, saving the changes. It will be returned automatically to Lightroom.

One thing to avoid: never "Save As" in Photoshop, giving the file a new name. If you do, Lightroom will lose the link, and the edited image will not be imported.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francenet22,

When you are viewing an image in Lightroom, and you choose to "Edit In" Photoshop, the round-trip process is automatic. Simply make your Photoshop edits, and then close the file, saving the changes. It will be returned automatically to Lightroom.

One thing to avoid: never "Save As" in Photoshop, giving the file a new name. If you do, Lightroom will lose the link, and the edited image will not be imported.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Доброго дня, я підключила пробну лайтрум в оригінальну, на комп'ютері, але обліковий запис використовувала такий, як і на телефоні, тобто я автоматично озвучена на андроїді підключила 30 днів преміум використання, на комп'ютері вже закінчився термін ,адж він тривав 7 днів,і безкоштовних функцій у лайтрум не залишилося жодних навіть стандартних ,якщо закінчитися і на андроїд ,то просто зникне преміум пакет ,а стандартними функціями я зможу використовуватись?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my issue:  from LRC, i do an edit in PS.  after editing in PS,  i go comm+s to save.  when i return to LRC, the image is in a new folder all by itself.  it does not return to the original folder in LRC.  i have the latest LRC and PS installed.  it's frustrating that the edited image does not return to the original folder.  to make things worse, i  drag the image from the new folder and drop to original folder, but it's rejected saying that the image has already been imported.

i have check PS preferences and file handling and have checked the box to save to the original folder.

any solutions?  thanks1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your symptoms suggest you have been hit by the "Capitalization" bug, caused by operating systems that do not differentiate between upper and lower case characters.

Forum threads on this topic-

DUPLICATE FOLDER ERROR

DUPLICATE FOLDERS FIX

Before you do anything- Post a screen-clip of your Folder panel that illustrates the folders, then we may be certain this is your problem.

You cannot fix the suggested problem by drag&drop in the Folders panel! It MUST be done with the specific procedure.

See a Step-by-Step 'Fix' at this link-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a screen shot of the left panel in LRC.  you can see two duplicate folders at the top..acadia and antelope canyon.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 6.49.08 AM.png

 thanks.  i'll await a response b4 i attempt your suggested fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks for the solution!  i would've never figured out the capitalization issue.  that's what it was when i migrated files to a new imac.  one folder read "photos"; the other read "PHOTOS".  so 19,000 images have been successfully put into LRC; and PS now saves edits and kicks it back to LRC when i hit comm+s.  i'm grateful for the quick answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hit "Save" in PS, thats all. The PS file will be pushed in LR. If you still re edit in PS, hit "Save", the LR copy already saved will be refreshed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sailor Blu Yes- "Save" is normally the correct method to return an image from Ps.

But In this specific case, and the topic in this thread "Duplicate Folders" for the OP, the only fix for this error is in the links of my post 4th Feb 2022.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines