• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm still learning LRC - imported photos and batch from 1 camera is off a day

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to be sure I do this right - under Library I can see Date Original, DateTime  and Date Created. = which appears to be the correct date [my iPhone has 2/26 but the Canon has 2/27].  The Canon created Date Original and Date Time as 2/27 but the Date Created is 2/26 and matches the iPhone date for these items.  - isn't Date Original = Date Created?  Why have two Date items if they are the same?  More importantly how to change the dates of the Canon images to be the same as those on the iPhone?  I've viewed the images and they are the same, just off a day.  Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date Original is the date/time the image was captured whereas Date Created is the date/time the file was created. With the original file both will nortmally match, but export raw file as a JPEG or convert it to DNG and the Date Created change to match the date/time of the new file.

To change the dates of the Canon files you can use the Edit Capture Time option found in the Library > Metadata menu.

edit capture time.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks == I wondered about how it related == "Date Original is the date/time the image was captured whereas Date Created is the date/time the file was created."  The photo was taken on 2/26 then I imported the card into my iPad and then it became 2/27 - I think I ended up saving the image to Photos and because of t hat it became dated 2/27 -- now that I understand I'll be able to fix things, I hope - appreciate the explanation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines