• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I moved my photos in file explorer and now they cant be located

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am using lightroom classic in windows. My catalog was pointing to a hard drive which crashed, but I was able to recover all the photos onto a new hard drive. In the crashed hard drive, all of my photos were in one folder, and I have now rearranged them so they are in folders sorted by Year and Month in the new hard drive. However, I did this in the file explorer and now the Lightroom catalog cant locate the photos. It would be fairly easy, (although a bit tedious) for me to change the file location if I could do it in batch (multiple photos at the same time) - is there a way to do this? Or are there better suggestions? I dont have a lot of edited photos, would the best solution be to just start a new catalog?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Knowing this-

"...all of my photos were in one folder,..."

It might be best to use File Explorer to again move all the files back into one folder. One Folder that the LrC catalog recognizes and 'finds' your files so that none are shown as "Missing".

Then do the re-organization in the LrC folder panel! (It is easy to select & move files into 'new' sub-folders)

If you start a new Catalog- All you work, editing, collections, keywords, etc, etc, are gone!

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

MISSING FILES AND FOLDERS-(Computer Darkroom) 

REARRANGE FOLDERS AS DATED (RHC)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines