Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help loading presets into Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community,

I am trying to load presets into Lightroom Classic and am having trouble. I will admit that this may be due to two factors so I will attempt to describe both of them as quickly as possible.

First of all, it could be that I may not be doing the unzipping process correctly which is something that I know very little about and have done very little with over the years. The presets I am trying to load are from Kelvin Designs and they attach a pdf file with each preset that tells you in a few steps how to load these, but I have followed these steps and I have not been successful. Those steps are these:

1) Download the file (files which are zip files)
2) Unzip the file
3) Open Lightroom Classic
4) Go to the Develop page and click on the plus sign for presents.
5) Select the file and then click on import.

I have done this and each time I get an error message telling me that there were no zip files to load.

Regarding this my first question is if I unzipped the file first. So I went back to the actual downloaded file and left clicked on it and all the individual files opened up. I assume that this means that the files are unzipped?

The next thing that I did was to use my computer and left click on the downloaded file and then scroll down to and select "export all." Once again, all of the individual files opened up.

The third thing that I did was to use WinZip.

I went to Lightroom Classic each time and followed the procedure sent by Kelvin Designs but nothing worked.

What also added to my confusion is that when I clicked on the plus sign in the Develop page for the presets it didn't give me the option of selecting the actual file that contains the presets within that particular download. Also the Kelvin designs pdf file states that once the file is unzipped it will show one of the files with the name of the file followed by stating that it is the xmp. files which my computer is not showing.

I hope that this makes sense and if anyone wants more information such as screen shots of what I am seeing please let me know.

I would appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

We're sorry that you are unable to import presets in Lightroom Classic.

Would you mind sharing the versions of your Lightroom Classic and Windows? Can you check the .XMP file in your notepad to see if the codes are present or not?  What is the exact error message can you help us with a screenshot? 
While importing the .XMP file what settings are you using? 
Try with "Supported Files" and relaunch the application once.

RanjishaSengupta_0-1643222799548.png

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ranjisha.

Thanks for your quick response.  

I am using Windows 10 Professional and I have version 11.1 of Lightroom Classic.

Here are some screenshots of what is occuring.  I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to zip files.  In this case I have simply followed the instructions that came with the download of the presets.  

The first screenshot is showing the files as they appear in my current downloads.  The second screenshot is showing what appears when I select the (+) at the right of the presets tab in the Develop page.  The next screenshot is showing the file that I picked.  The next screenshot is showing the error message when I attempt to import this file.

The following screenshots are taken in succession as I click on the download showing that ultimately all of the XMP files are on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. You need to unzip the original zip folders show in screenshot 106 and then navigate into the unzipped folder and check within the folders named 7.4 and above as shown in screenshot 115 to import the ZIP file from there. Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for the reply.  However, I am still not grasping what you are saying.  Is it possible for you to send me a series of screenshots to explain what you just said?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines