• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want the old gradients menu back

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way of bringing back the old gradient menu? Where you clould've simply clicked on the radial filter, which remembered your previous actions, and you simply dragged it on the picture? 
With the new context menu not only i have to do 3 clicks more, but it also doesn't remember my previous settings.. That means 6 mouse clicks more in total, which is extremely annoying, of you need to use this filter on every of 150 photos.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any way of bringing back the old gradient menu?""

The only way to get them back is to revert to LrC 10.4, unfortunately.

That said, many people have expressed frustration about the way masks work in LrC 11.0 and there are a few threads in the "ideas" section of this forum. you might want to check them out and add your vote, so there's a chance Adobe takes your voice into account.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt any the old tools will be coming back. With the Shortcuts and Option Switches there is no need to click several times if you take the time to learn how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course old tools will not come back, but maybe Adobe might make some changes to the behavior of new ones, e.g. the ability to create multiple radial/graduated filters in the same mask without having to go and click on 'Add' each time. How (un)likely it is, I don't know, but it's not too far-fetched an idea to consider it possible, IMO.

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Shift-N?  Create all the selected tools in the mask you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, and other shortcuts as well, but I'm not the one who has a problem with masks. I was just pointing out to Ondrej that if he's not happy (ike so many others) with the way they work, that he should make his voice heard in the ideas section 😉

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to just lean back and use my mouse sometimes, it's more comfortable.. That means no keyboard shortcuts, which was completely fine until the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt any the old tools will be coming back. With the Shortcuts and Option Switches there is no need to click several times if you take the time to learn how it works

By @Bob Somrak

There was once a reversal of the import screen. If enough people are manifesting their dissatisfaction…

However, you need to admit, that the masking evolved in something that is much more usable than before. And as always with change, you have to get used to the new situation…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo 

There is a big difference   The revised Import Screen was an absolute debacle that removed needed functionality and was disliked by most people that posted about it.  The new masking adds a lot of functionality and is probably a stepping stone for new things to come and I have not seen one article or video reviewing the new masking that is negative.  If people would bother to learn the switches and shortcuts it works very well and is a big improvement.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as always with change, you have to get used to the new situation…

By @Abambo

That's a really lame excuse I'm seeing everywhere. No. Why do I have to get used to something that really makes my workflow much worse? I have every right to protest and express my disappointment. I pay quite a lot of money for there products, I don't wanna just "get used to it". It takes me more time to edit a bigger amount of photos due to this change, and time is money. The new update is just wasting my physical resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't like it and can do without the other new features, albeit very few of significance, then downgrade to 10.4. All you need is the old catalog, which hopefully you didn't delete after it was updated. Having the old catalog will allow you to revert back to Lr10.4. This can be done via the Adobe Creative Cloud App (see below screenshots)

Untitled-1.pngUntitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bottom of the adjustments panel. There is a checkbox that says 'Reset all sliders'. Uncheck that box...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, at least something.. But still doesn't replace the comfort of previous version, sadly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! This new "masking" function has slowed down my wedding editing big time! I'm so frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same here.. If only the "invert" option did respect the "reset sliders" check box.. But no, I have to stupidly invert it every time I create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

video on new masking, highly recommend you watch the entire thing, highly recommend you experiment while watching. Recommend watching such videos and  looking at Adobe provided documentation, before stumbling around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fld8eEHsE

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There needs to be an option to use gradient filters like we use to use them, because the masking feature takes way too long! As someone who uses about 5-8 gradients per image, while editing weddings, this is slowing me down big time! 

I am super frustrated with this.

Now, my landscape photography can benefit from it, but my weddings are taking twice as long to edit now! Super frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom was always about "Quick bulk edit", which they completely ruined by this update. I don't need these complicated tools in lightroom, they belong to Photoshop, where you can work separately on individual pictures, to make them perfect, if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines