• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC Color-Profiles not shown

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using LR Classic, version 11.01 under MacOS 12.0.1. I have the problem that the icc profiles installed under ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ cannot be displayed / selected. Even installing the profiles in the system folder / Adobe application folder does not change anything. (The display profiles are displayed correctly)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Thanks for posting a link. Upon inspection in Apple ColorSync Utility, the profile is definitely CMYK, so it isn’t available in Lightroom Classic, as expected. In Photoshop, this profile is listed in all the places where CMYK profiles are made available.

SaalDigital_Forex-profile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these profiles CMYK profiles by any chance?

Lightroom does not support CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peer, thank you for your answer.

No, I don't think the profiles are in CMYK. These are from a large photo service provider (Saal; saal-digital.de) and are also displayed correctly under the Windows version of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic requires you to select Profiles which will be shown in the Print module

1. Print Job panel
  2. Color Managment section
  3. Profile: Choose "Other"
  4. Check the profiles you want to appear in Lightroom 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try running Profile First Aid found in the ColorSync utility. It is possible those profiles do not meet spec and at the very least, the utility will pop an error. Also, can you upload one (zipped) to something like Dropbox so others can load and inspect? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User, thank you for your feedback.

@ Rikk: No, that is not the solution. This brings up the same file dialogue as in the development module; and the window is just empty.

@ thedigitaldog: the ColorSync tool does not find any errors when checking the profiles.

The profiles I want to use are freely available, here is the link to an example profile:

https://www.saal-digital.de/fileadmin/downloads/softproof/SaalDigital_Hartschaumplatte.zip

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting a link. Upon inspection in Apple ColorSync Utility, the profile is definitely CMYK, so it isn’t available in Lightroom Classic, as expected. In Photoshop, this profile is listed in all the places where CMYK profiles are made available.

SaalDigital_Forex-profile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad, thank you for your feedback.

Sorry for the confusion I caused.

So that I can assess this directly myself for the future: how / where can I display the profile information shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I figured it out myself, ColorSync knows the answer....

thanks again to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christianp So that I can assess this directly myself for the future: how / where can I display the profile information shown?

Double click and see the same info in the CS utility Conrad posted.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christianp51606707 wrote:

The profiles I want to use are freely available, here is the link to an example profile:

https://www.saal-digital.de/fileadmin/downloads/softproof/SaalDigital_Hartschaumplatte.zi

They may be but in order to get to the bottom of the issue we need your installed profile to examine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm a little confused about your answer. maybe i haven't understood your statement properly:

the profile you have given is exactly the profile I want to use and which is installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines