• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC Profiles in Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is sending me mad.  I cannot access any new installed icc profiles under the other tab, either when softproofing or printing.  When I select "other" the PC just pings and Lightroom freezes.  I have tried reinstalling LR and the Canon Pro-10 software several times, but it does not fix it.  I have also searched the Community, and Google, for a fix, trying to copy profiles to different locations as some posts suggest, but I just get the same pinging and freezing experience.  Oddly the icc profiles show up in PS.  I am using WIN10.  Can anyone help me please?  Barry

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anything else, accomplish a cold boot. Shut the computer down, and turn it back on. See if that clears out any issue.

Next up, another common issue, corrupted preference file. Reset the preference file. See the following links. Pay attention to warnings/notes

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks David, I will try this when I am at my machine. Much apreciated. Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't help but thought I'd let you know that your not alone.  I'm having nearly exactly the same issue.  I get pinging and LrC freeze when I select Other in Soft Proofing and in the Picture Module.  I have to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of lightroom.  I've opened LrC as administrator to no avail either.  Haven't tried in PS though.  I'm using Windows 10 also.  20 or 30 ICC profiles are in my computer, so they are there.  I rebooted LrC and the computer many times since starting this and I've reset the preference files.  Does anyone have any ideas since this post was placed, in 2019?   Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rdott13, please advise what version of LrC you have installed on your system?
Latest version is 11.1 or are you using the version that was available in 2019 when this thread was started?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the subscription so I always get the latest.  I'm running 11.1.  I only found this thread a few days ago and responded since it has almost exactly the same problem I'm having now.  I've checked and have 20 or so ICC profiles in my computer but can't access them.  Thanks for responding.  Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, are the "profiles" from a third party provider? If so look and see if the show up in the Presets section of the Develop Module.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the little arrow next to Presets and nothing was displayed, no menu opened.  The ICC I'm trying to use now is from Bay Photo.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that particular photo for soft proofing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe more clarity.  The Presets I accessed from Ddegannes last question was over on the left side of the screen.  I can't find a "Presets" anywhere else when the Develop Module is selected.  

For GoldingD's question, what did you meen by - Is that particular photo for soft proofing?   Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got thru to Adobe Chat.  They had me open LrC, go to Preferences>Performance and shut off the graphics card, then restart LrC and as far as I can tell Soft Proofing is working,  and I can select ICC profiles.  I'll have to work with it a bit to see for sure.  They said my Graphics card can cause the issue (Intel UHD Graphics 630).  Thats a new one to me.  Thank You a lot for your support.  Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines