Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No profiles appear when sellecting "other" in colour management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Thanks @Conrad C 

This fixed a problem I have had with my Canon Pixma Pro 100 for some time.  For Canon the profiles are buried in a Contents Package.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.06.37 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom invoke the Epson printer driver from Page Setup/Printer/Properties?  

By @georgep34522771

Yes. It couldn't make a print if it couldn't. 

Anything you can access from Photoshop, you can access in Lightroom Classic in terms of the printer driver/software. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my problem.  Lightroom defaulted to a different printer driver for the same printer and this caused the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom uses the printer manufactures Print dialogs if you have correctly installed them for the Page Setup menus.  Can you see the "Media Type" papers for your Epson if you try to print out from any other Windows program like their Photo program?   If you can't than it is not a Lr issue as @JohanElzenga  said.   I use a Mac and Canon and HP printers but I am sure Lr uses the Printer Driver menus for Epson too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more possible answer to this question....which is happening on my PS 21. I need to try it when I can get back at my machine. I picked this up somewhere on the web last night.

I am using an iMac with Catalina OS. What to try. Copy all of your profiles that are not showing up to a folder somewhere. Now delete all of them from the Colorsync folder or printer folder where you found them. Now copy them back, Catalina should ask you for a 'persission' as your admin. This for Catalina and later OX versions. Restart your LR or PS and you should be good to go. Hope it does...I need it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer did not solve my missing icc profiles in my ColorSync folder. Since I use macOS Monterey 12. X. Couldn't find my surecolor p-800 printer on the their website where the icc profile was listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jerrhild wrote:

The correct answer did not solve my missing icc profiles in my ColorSync folder. Since I use macOS Monterey 12. X. Couldn't find my surecolor p-800 printer on the their website where the icc profile was listed.

What ”ColorSync folder”?

On Mac OS, this is the path for the package of enclosed profiles installed by the print driver installer:

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/EP1408OL2.profiles/Contents/Resources

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, the Colorsync is refered to in @Conrad C 's linked article above.  

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2020/11/22/printer-profiles-missing-on-macos-a-permanent-solution/

A modified version of his solution for a Canon 100 worked for me.   Probably differet or doesnt work for Monteray although it is still working for me in Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epson's installed profiles are not in that location. They are buried deep in a package which the user must open using a contextual menu command. And worse, the ColorSync utility doesn't show this any longer although it once did. I can't recall if this was Big Sur or Mojave but this utility hasn't been fixed or addressed by Apple in many major OSs and is buggy to boot.

Yes, one way to 'fix' some of this is to find the package, remove those profiles and place them elsewhere (there are a few possible locations they can go) but Adobe products should (and usually do) still find them in this package location.

The path for Epson profiles also apparently changed over the years, but the current path provided earlier seem to be correct and confirmed to me by Epson USA. That is where I have found my P800 profiles, once I use the "Show Package Content" command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the content package and copied them to the ColorSync folder. It did not resolve my issue. The icc profiles were still not found in the Lightroom printer folder

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by LR Printer Folder. Post a screen capture of what you see in the Print Module, after clicking on Other...

F052685E-F2EA-4FBD-A4E5-032262320EB7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is too dumb to notice when new color profiles are added after Lightroom installation. Photoshop doesn't have this problem, so Adobe knows how to check for new profiles, but haven't gotten around to doing the same for Lightroom. Brute force, Adobe-approved way: uninstall and reinstall Lightroom.

Better way: find where the ICC color profiles are stored by the system (Windows 11: C:/windows/system32/spool/drivers/color/*.icm) and manually copy them to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Color Profiles/*.icm

Why Adobe can't just add a "Refresh" menu/button somewhere it its vast, cluttered UI remains unknown, as does why this works seamlessly in Photoshop but fails utterly in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not so; new profiles are detected in LR if correctly installed. 
This old thread has the correct answer for the original question so if you have an issue with LR detecting profiles, start a new post with specific information about your system etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines