• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC Profiles suddenly missing in LRC Print Module?

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I printed all day yesterday, on my Epson 7570 printer, using the LRC Print Module, printing on Exhibition Canvas Matte, with the installed ICC profiles. Today, I go down to continue with my Print project and my ICC profiles have suddenly disaapeared form LRC. And I don't have the option to select the proper profile in LRC profiles list. I can only see my older profiles, for my older printers. But all of the new ones for the 7570 have gone missing.

Any thoughts as to what might have happened here? And a solution/suggestion?

Thanks.

- Sol

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Hey GoldingD,

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually got a hold of Epson and they informed me that happens occassionally when Mac OS does an update.

Now, I will note that that didn't happen with my older Epson printer profiles, only the newer ones. Go figure.

But anyways, the solution was to simply go find the profiles: MacintoshHD/Library/Printers/Epson/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/ ... then select your printer model's profile.

Right-Click to 'Show Package Contents' and all the profiles appear.  'S

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your OS file manager, look at the folder the icc profiles are kept in. Probably a few missing.

LrC does not install or remove icc profiles.

In LrC you can manage what icc profiles LrC will show as available, and what icc profile to use.

where are they located? see:

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/icc_profile_locations_on_mac_and_pc_operating_systems

how to install icc profiles

for a specific printer, using the printer companies ink and papers, generally by installing the print driver, alternatively, via download of specific profiles, copying them to the correct folder.

how they go missing?

Not a clue, bad driver update? Hard drive crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey GoldingD,

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually got a hold of Epson and they informed me that happens occassionally when Mac OS does an update.

Now, I will note that that didn't happen with my older Epson printer profiles, only the newer ones. Go figure.

But anyways, the solution was to simply go find the profiles: MacintoshHD/Library/Printers/Epson/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/ ... then select your printer model's profile.

Right-Click to 'Show Package Contents' and all the profiles appear.  'Select All' , Then 'Copy' them all in one click.

Go over to your MacintoshHD/ColorSync/Profile, and paste them into the folder. 

Open up Lightroom (Do the above with LRC closed) and in the Print Module/Color Profile,...and select 'Other'. A box will opoen and thwen click the papers youy want to add. Your now good to go.

Hope that helps someone else too. 🙂

- Sol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Extremely helpful - THANKS!  Thorny problem solved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, yes, MACOS, printer profiles going missing reoccurs in community discussions. Apparently an Apple thing. All hail Apple.

Not a Tech, neither Apple or Adobe, so I cannot vouch for the following, see:

Printer profiles missing on macOS: A permanent solution

to be frank, that link came up top of list when I used Google, using the search words "printer icc files missing macos"

Oh, and that link is brought up in:

Solved : ICC Profiles missing in Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, 30 years of Mac, 20 years of Adobe, 20 years of Epson, and Lightroom since the early 'Beta' days. Figured it had to be something simple and obvious that I was missing here. It haaaad to be me. (lol!) Nope. it's a new feature from Epson. Like I said, my old Epson profiles didn't move, it's only the newer model profiles that moved. I think it has soemthing to do with the new Epson Edge software. That's my educated guess anyways, in that their new software only applies to the newer models, not the older ones. So it only effected the newer ones. As it happens, I never use Epson dedicated software, only the drivers and such, via Lightroom, etc. 

Anyways, thanks for the help. 🙂

- Sol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Solarview wrote:

Yeah, 30 years of Mac, 20 years of Adobe, 20 years of Epson, and Lightroom since the early 'Beta' days.

As it happens, I never use Epson dedicated software, only the drivers and such, via Lightroom, etc. 

Yes, you are using the Epson print driver (with LR or any other applications). Adobe doesn't produce any print drivers. 

Do you also have Photoshop and do you see the profiles in the Print Dialog (Command P) with of course, Application Manages Color?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated “ And I don't have the option to select the proper profile in LRC profiles list. “

Those are printer profiles stored on your computers operating system not LrC profiles. Just my opinion. Not sure if you need to update your printer drivers for your new/updated operating system.

I lost use of my Canon Pro printers when Apple updated their OS and Canon decided they were not going to update to printer driver software.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, if really missing, just reinstall the Epson print driver. ONLY from Epson, never Apple.

I've never seen a Mac OS update remove profiles. If one did a clean install, sure but then you'd not have LR or a print driver. 

But more importantly, are you sure you don't have "Printer Manages Color"? Can we see a screen grab of that area of the Print dialog? 

You're on a Mac; you can find the location of most profiles using the ColorSync utility. Many Epson profiles are stored deep in a package, in older OSs and in the past, the CS utility would show them as well. 

One such path under Big Sur: /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see the link I provided him

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2020/11/22/printer-profiles-missing-on-macos-a-permanent-solution/

sounds like a Don't blame Apple issue, blame Adobe, nope, blame Epson, but thou shalt not blame Apple.

I do not know yet, if the OP used that link to solve the issue.

Apparently it has solved at least one other members identical problem

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/icc-profiles-missing-in-lightroom-classic/m-p/10899...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If (if) the profiles mysteriously disappear, the fix is fast and easy; reinstall the Epson print driver from Epson. That is how they got installed in the first place. Aside from profiles for custom, 3rd party profiles and any additional profile a user might have downloaded from Epson not installed by the Epson print driver.

Or from a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I fixed the problem. I repolied to that on your ealier post.

And explained tha I simply did a variation of your linked suggestion.

All good.

Thx.

- Sol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I fixed the problem. I replied to that on your ealier post.

And explained tha I simply did a variation of your linked suggestion.

All good.

Thx.

- Sol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Lightroom 11.1 and macOS Big Sur 11.6.2. The Epson ICC profiles I use the most (PhotoPaperGlossy, PremiumPhotoPaperGlossy and PremiumPhotoPapaerLuster) are no longer recognized by LR anymore. All the other ICC profiles show up and are available. However I can see them in the ColorSync profiles along with the other profiles.

I removed and then  reinstalled my Epson P900 printer with no changes.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this or what's going on?

Thanks

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@megohmsx12 https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/v11-1-icc-profiles-no-longer-load/m-p/1... 

It looks like a problem with the Big Sur 11.6.2 update.   see here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@megohmsx12 

this forum wouldnt let me edit my previous post

Looks like a problem with Big Sur 11.6.2.   see here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/v11-1-icc-profiles-no-longer-load/m-p/1... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I add something here that may be of use/interest. 

I had problems with ICC Profiles never appearing on my Mac (Monterey on Apple Silicon M1 Pro) when installing an Epson ET-8550 printer. After much searching, and a lot of help from other users, I finally got through to Epson Technical Support who advised that I had to install, as a separate exercise, the printer again from System Preferences. This gave me a duplicate Printer - I could (and did) delete the original one. 

I must stress the profiles were not installed, ie they were not visible in ColorSync or in Finder, until I did this exercise.

I've written the steps up here - https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65978987

Hope this helps others who have been perplexed by not seeing ICC profiles after installing Epson printers on MacOS (Monterey) on Apple Silicon M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines