• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identity Plate Used to Add Titles To Prints - How can I maintain font size?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a set of 64 prints all edited in lightroom. I am exporting in the Print module to add a white border but would also like to add the print title within this white border. I've am trying to do so using the identity plate and editing the text for each print. I'm doing it here as it is the only place I can adjust the font style. My issue is, the font size!

When a font size is selected, the text size is not consistent. The text box remains the same size rather than expanding/shrinking if a title is longer/shorter. This means the text gets smaller if it is longer title, rather the sticking at the selected font size. This means getting a consistent font size across all 64 image titles seems impossible! The font size in the 'edit' area never changes, so for example it remains at size 9 font even when the text is getting smaller or bigger. I'm sure there must be a solution but cannot figure it out! Help!

I am on a mac using Lightroom 6.14

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Hi Karen,

Indeed, the font size setting seems to do absolutely nothing in the Identity Plate (even in the latest version 10.3), but you can change the text box size once you've set it up. Just hover your mouse on one of the corners, click and drag to resize the text.

That said, it is possible to set up a slideshow to export images of any aspect ratio with text on them, borders, etc... That method has the advantage that it can use the title, description, etc... directly from the metadata, so no nee

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Indeed, the font size setting seems to do absolutely nothing in the Identity Plate (even in the latest version 10.3), but you can change the text box size once you've set it up. Just hover your mouse on one of the corners, click and drag to resize the text.

That said, it is possible to set up a slideshow to export images of any aspect ratio with text on them, borders, etc... That method has the advantage that it can use the title, description, etc... directly from the metadata, so no need to enter the text manually in the identity plate for each picture. This is something I use very often:

qfds-1.jpg

The text is anchored to a specific point (here the text box center attached to the bottom center of the image) and it can very in length without any problem)

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael - yes I can see the box can be resized, however this doesn't help me in ensuring each time I print an image that the titles are a consistent size when the font style is not accurate. Is there a way around this to ensure every print title I add is the same font size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is there a way around this to ensure every print title I add is the same font size?"

I assume there are plugins that could do it, but I don't use any so can't make a recommendation.

Or do it in the slideshow menu, as in the example in my previous message. In that case, the text size is always the same and I would need to resize it only if the title were very long.

If you're interested to go that route, I made a short tutorial a while ago to explain how to do those things in the slideshow module. I've never see anyone else do it and it's not super simple at first (Lightroom wasn't made for that), but very quick, easy and flexible once it's set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHYsgQ3-YmI

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines