• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image becomes blurry when moving slider

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am posting on here to see if anyone is running into this same issue. I am currently running the latest version of Lightroom Classic on my 16in 2021 Macbook Pro, M1 pro chip, 32gb Ram. I am running Monterey 12.2 and Lightroom Classic 11.2. Whenever I am editing my photos and adjust any slider in the "Develop" section, my photo goes blurry while I am moving the slider. Definitely ruins workflow in a lot of ways and should not be happening. Never ran into this issue on my old macbook that was from 2016 and had 8gb of ram. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance tab). Any better?
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the reply, I tried this and it does not work:(. Any other suggestions on what I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using an M1 Pro with similar specs, but have not seen this problem.

Adobe just released Lightroom Classic 11.3, does the problem still happen if you apply the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. That is when in the Develop module the photo goes blurry when moving a slider. The problem started recently since changing to a new computer. I'm now running a Mac Studio (2022), Apple M1 Max chip, 32 GB Ram, running macOS Monterey. I just updated to the latest Lightroom Classic, v12.1 and the problem persists. I've considered updating to macOS Ventura to see if that helps. I'd love to find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JohnB99, there are issues with macOS 13 Ventura so I will not recommend it at the moment. See the screen capture for outstanding issues.

One thing you can try is go to Lightroom preferences > performance tab and turn off GPU acceleration and see if that helps.

You will need to reboot Lightroom for the preference to take effect.

AE4C9396-1D90-4793-8723-F7021EE956F8.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines