• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image degradation when passing from Lightroom to Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice quite some image degradation when I pass a photo from lightroom to photoshop and back to lightroom: I loose sharpness, contrast and get more noise.

- I have edited a raw file in lightroom

- I select edit in photoshop

-The image opens in photoshop

- Without making any change in photoshop, I save the image and return to Lightroom

- The resulted image in lightroom has a noticible degradation (sharpness, contrast, noise).

I have the latest levels of software (according to Adobe Creative Cloud).

In Lightroom in "Preferences External Editing" I have set ProPhoto RGB, bitdepth 16bits

In Photoshop "Camera RAW preferences" I also have ProPhoto RGB, bitdepth 16bits.

Anything I am missing???

Thanks

Rob Janssen.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Might want to check this out and see if you're doing the same thing as the OP (the issue being export):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/my-photos-are-clear-in-camera-raw-but-blurry-with-lost-quality-when-i-open-in-photoshop/m-p/12456044#M590208

You have to view the image(s) in Lightroom Classics Develop module at 1:1 to evaluate the image quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, what profile have you applied?

hmm, assuming RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in LrC, any non standard presets applied? Presets that are not from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None. To be sure, I did a reset to go back to the original image and followed the same process with the same result:

The image that came back from Photoshop looks different (worse).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to check this out and see if you're doing the same thing as the OP (the issue being export):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/my-photos-are-clear-in-camera-raw-but...

You have to view the image(s) in Lightroom Classics Develop module at 1:1 to evaluate the image quality. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, when looking at the images 1:1 they look the same.

I than did an export to a .jpg file and both exported images look identical as well.

So, for one reason or the other, an image that has been passed through Photoshop is displayed

in a different way than an image that has not left Lightroom....

Knowing this behaviour, I can deal with it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines