• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image displated incorrectly after cropping

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this issue has been mentioned before, however the troubleshooting procedures I found that were provided by Adobe did not work.

This issue comes when trying to crop a photo. When I select the Crop tool and make adjustments, the adjustments do not show at all except for in the sidebar in the right (I can see the angle change numerically but not physically). Then, after I click done to save the crop, the old image without the crop adjustments is still displayed. The thumbnail of the photo in the collection at the bottom of the "Develop" tab will show the photo with the changes made, but the actual main image does not show the changes.

I have tried uninstalling, signing out, trying a previous version, disabling/enabling GPU, and moving my photos to a different drive. None of these have worked.

I understand this has been an issue for years and yet no fix has been implemented. Every post I find on this issue seems to be years old.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue acknowledged by Adobe with crops not displaying properly on a second display -- are you using a second display?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-refreshing-crop-vie... 

I haven't found any posts in the official feedback forum about crops not displaying properly on a single display. (The feedback forum is where Adobe wants all bugs reported.) Can you post links to the posts you found (in the feedback forum or elsewhere)?

You didn't mention one troubleshooting step, resetting preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

I never considered having a second monitor, but I certainly do use one.

Anyway, I took the step of resetting preferences as I had not done that before. That seems to have worked for now... though I'm not 100% sure. My program was operating fine before randomly not working the other day, so I feel like it could come around again soon. Regardless, it seems to be working for now!

Thanks for the help and I'll be sure to update if something else comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. When i move on and try to edit and crop the next photo the crop tool will always jump back to the previous photo where the crop only applys at the smart preview but not in the main Photo itself.

When i exit Lightroom and restart it the first photo is cropped right after...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And after clicking done to the crop tool the round waiting bar will appere and run forever. When i check the Settings the GPU acceleration is stopped after an error...

Fix this issue i can not work with this problem on each photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deactivating the GPU acceleration in the menu Lightroom is working fine. Used GFX Card = MSI RTX 3070ti Gaming X TRIO Nvidia driver version = Game Ready driver 471.41

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need additional assistance from the community, then please create your own new posting. Your issues might have nothing to do with that if the original poster. Heck, the OP did not state OS, etc, who knows how your two computers compare.

When you post your problem, I recommend that you include System Info pulled from LrC. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

That GPU you listed should support the option to use graphics processor..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After deactivating the GPU acceleration in the menu Lightroom is working fine. Used GFX Card = MSI RTX 3070ti Gaming X TRIO Nvidia driver version = Game Ready driver 471.41"

Try the Nvidia Studio driver rather than the Game driver:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverresults.aspx/147971/en-us 

Nvidia optimizes and tests the Studio driver with creative apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest Nvidia Studio driver. But still with the same result, abfter enabling the GPU acceleration i have the same Problem.

Attached are my System informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes with SHIFT + ALT key at Startup, but it is still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines