• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image import of CR3 RAW files adds camera profile automatically during import while CR2 Files do not

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latley I am importing CR3 and CR2 Canon RAW images in lightroom during import lightroom automatically adds lens correction on the images but only on the CR3 images. So wondering why that is? Also in the begining it seemed that the profile was not correct, like it was switched as when it added the profile to the CR3 images it created a vignetting around the image and when doing brightnes corrections it was always brighter in the middle of the image , so we had to turn of the lens profile and then the image looked ok. Now that seemed to be reversed as when turning the off the profile now it goes not in the vignetting style. So my question is why a profile on the CR3 is added but not on the CR2 . And no profile is selected to be added automatically during import. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Most of the Canon R series cameras (CR3 files) will apply the lens profiles automatically. Normally, this should not be happening unless the camera is setup to apply auto lens corrections, but for the R series cameras disabling auto lens corrections in camera setup isn't working as it should.  A bug was submitted a year or so back, but hasn't yet been fixed. That being said, there is a workaround - configure LrC camera raw default setting so that the lens corrctions profiles are switched to 'off

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to setup camera defaults for each camera that you use. Apparently you already did that for your CR3 producing camera, but not for your CR2 producing camera. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick reply, but i have not set up any defaults for a specific camera. I was not even aware I could do that. I checked the prefrences and it is set ot Adobe Defaults and the override specific cameras option is not ticked. 

so maybe the adobe defaults do that with the CR3 but not with the CR2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick reply, but i have not set up any defaults for a specific camera. I was not even aware I could do that. I checked the prefrences and it is set ot Adobe Defaults and the override specific cameras option is not ticked. 

so maybe the adobe defaults do that with the CR3 but not with the CR2. 

By @Bernd Rac

Possibly. Just setup the camera defaults yourself.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Latley I am importing CR3 and CR2 Canon RAW images in lightroom during import lightroom automatically adds lens correction on the images but only on the CR3 images."

What are the precise camera models?  Please post screenshots of the Lens Corrections panel (with the Profile tab selected) for a sample .cr2 and .cr3.  That will quickly focus the conversation on what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the Canon R series cameras (CR3 files) will apply the lens profiles automatically. Normally, this should not be happening unless the camera is setup to apply auto lens corrections, but for the R series cameras disabling auto lens corrections in camera setup isn't working as it should.  A bug was submitted a year or so back, but hasn't yet been fixed. That being said, there is a workaround - configure LrC camera raw default setting so that the lens corrctions profiles are switched to 'off' during import.

From your description, the CR2 files are being imported correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I will do the workarounds and hope the issue will be fixed soon, The CR3 files are from the R5 so which would make sense and the CR2 files are from a 5DMarkIII. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I have The EOS R6 and have this same issue.  I just purached the R6 Mark II and this continues to happen. And when you look at the film strip at the bottom of the library module. The little corner icon for (+-) indicating that the photo(s) have development adjustments dont display when the Lens Correction is auto selected.  I have to unselect Chromatic aberration and enable Profile corrections and then reapply for the icons to display properly. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines