• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image loses color when sent to Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer recently crashed and I had to revive it using a save disc image and backup catalog. Before that, I was not having any issues. Now when I process an image in Lightroom Classic, send it to Photoshop for additional processing, then send it back into Lightroom, the color is all off. Image is drab, lifeless and basically unusable.  I've poked around the preferences, but nothing jumps out at me.  Any thoughts as to what is going on and how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance for any insight. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the image look wrong only when it returns to Lightroom, or also in Photoshop?

What versions of PS and LrC are you running?

I have no experience with disk images, but I guess it can contain an out of date graphics driver, or a defective monitor profile. (or Windows might have assigned a monitor manufacturer's profile, these are very often defective out of the box)

The first thing to try is to disable the GPU in Photoshop (Preferences > Performance). If that fixes the issue, go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download and install the latest driver.

To test for a defective monitor profile, try setting it to sRGB. If his fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator. This will also create and install a custom monitor profile, which will be more accurate than sRGB.

With PS and LrC closed, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as default.

color-management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be sure you are on the latest versions of PS and LR to avoid a bug in the last where the round trip stripped the profile from what came into Photoshop from Lightroom Classic. The newer builds should fix this issue. 
All the images you processed in the buggy version will be untagged, so simply use the Assign Profile command and select the profile you originally asked for (ProPhoto RGB). 

IF you still have issues and are on the latest version that did fix this round trip bug, and you see that the Photoshop images are indeed tagged, try disabling GPU in preferences as that might be an issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines