Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are duplicating

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Da,

I've recently had my external formatted by someone in Adobe who was trying to add the LaCie external to the scratch disk, before this issue I was able to have Macintosh and Lacie connected in my folders drop down now this option has gone so I imported my Macintosh to the catalog like before. 
The issue I am now getting it duplicating all of my 2020 and 2021 images, I've always had my 2020 and 2021 files on Mac and LaCie. Shall I create a folder inside my LaCie for the 2020 and 21 images?? 

My old setup before the format. 
Macintosh and LaCie only had 2020 and 21 images available and all of the older catalogs dated back to 2015 which gave me access to my images. I was advised by someone in Adobe to use some tool called LIGHTROOM DOWNLOADER this optio got all my images from cloud so I now have folders from 2016 to current.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We’re sorry for the trouble. Did you create a backup of your Lightroom catalog before formatting the external drive? If yes, then please try to open backup catalog and check if you’re able to see correct folder hierarchy.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the folder section in the Library module?

We’re here to help. Just need some more info.

Thanks,
Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Tarun Saini The OP has been posting over the past few weeks about various problems that started after an external drive was formatted, but hasn't provided enough info for anyone to be able to really get him going in the right direction.

Anybody who's willing to jump in here may want to look through these for background - 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-catalog-issues/m-p/12434642

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/smart-previews/m-p/12443834

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines