• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are printing larger in LRC than in PS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I printed 5 images in LRC for an upcoming show. I was printing 10x14 inches on 11x17 paper. When I went to put the prints in their 16x20 mats, I found the mat covered much more of the print than it should have. So I measured the prints and found that instead of 10x14 they were actually 10-9/32 x 14-9/16 inches. So as a check, I sent the image to PS for printing. In PS, under Image/Image Size, I set the width to 10 inches and the height changed to 14 inches. When printed, PS produced a print measuring exactly 10x14 inches. I have never had this problem when printing from LRC in the past.

My LRC settings (ver 12.2) are as follows:

All images were previously cropped to a 5x7 aspect ratio. In the LRC R-panel, layout style is set to Single image. I am printing on 11x17 inch paper and NOT using a print template. No boxes are checked under Image Settings. Under layout all margins are set to the minimum of 0.12 inches. Cell size is set to a height of 14 inches and a width of 10 inches. All guides are checked to show and in the print preview, the cell size is shown as 10x14 and all guides match up properly with the top and side rulers. Print resolution is set to 300 ppi and I am using a printer profile for my Epson P800 that has never given me a moments trouble. 

Other details:

I am using MacOS 13.1, LRC ver 12.2, and PS ver 24.2

Thanks, Charlie

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Although Richard's suggestion was not exactly correct, he was definitely on the right track. My paper size setting showed it to be straight 11x17. But I read in a related post from someone who was having trouble printing borderless that sometimes the print settings can get corrupted and although everything looks correct, it doesn't work right. I remebered seeing 11x17 borderless checked early on and had changed it to straight 11x17. So, as a test, I just now selected a smaller paper size and pri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print driver settings selected inside LrC - is Borderless mode selected? Some print drivers allow the selection of a No Scaling option for borderless but lacking that, the printing pipeline will override whatever is the defined and previewed print scaling, and silently enlarge that by a few %. This behaviour  is OK for when you want to print a 5" x 7" cropped photo full page onto a 5" x 7" piece of paper, are happy to overspray the edges a bit (for 'bleed') - and don't care about precise scaling nor precise crop extent.

But if you do care about either of those things.this kind of borderless mode needs to be avoided. It will always scale the entire print job - even when a page layout means that no ink would have reached the physical page edges anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, under paper size, only 11x17 is selected. None of the borderless, roll feed, or poster board options are selected.

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more piece of info. LRC will occasionally start doing strange things that are corrected by restarting my macOS. Unfortunately, that didn't help this time. The mystery continues.

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although Richard's suggestion was not exactly correct, he was definitely on the right track. My paper size setting showed it to be straight 11x17. But I read in a related post from someone who was having trouble printing borderless that sometimes the print settings can get corrupted and although everything looks correct, it doesn't work right. I remebered seeing 11x17 borderless checked early on and had changed it to straight 11x17. So, as a test, I just now selected a smaller paper size and printed one of the images. It printed correctly so I changed back to 11x17 and printed again and this time everything worked. Changing paper size to clear out all the cruff was the ticket. Thanks to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines