• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Findable In Windows 11 Explorer, Not Browsable or Findable in Locate Missing Photo

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some missing photos.  I go to LOCATE MISSING PHOTO and navigate to a folder that I know the file is in.  It can not see it.  I go to Windows 11 Explorer and do the same thing with the same result.  However, in Windows 11 Explorer I enter the file name in the search box and it finds it in the folder.  I can then open the folder as a jpg and save as and then it can be found in LOCATE MISSING PHOTO.  I have tried REFRESH and CLEAR ICON CACHE in Windows 11 Explorer with negative results.  Any ideas why this is happening?  I don't believe it's due to OneDrive.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind.  I figured it out.  Windows 11 Explorer is searching beyond the current folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines