• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Missing

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using lightroom for a couple months now. I've been saving my photos to my desktop. I recently bought a new Nikon Z6 ii. When I put my CFExpress card in my computer, it didn't save them directly to my computer, and I formatted my card after import. All my pictures now say missing images, If i formatted my card before i put them onto my computer are they gone forever? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on the kind of format, but most likely the photos are able to be recovered if it was a "standard" or low level format.  If you are using Windows I recommend trying a program called Recuva.  I'm unfamiliar with Mac OS and can't recommend a program, but any reputable hard drive data recovery program should work.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CFExpress cards work differently than other cards, as far as Lightroom Classic is concerned. CFExpress cards are considered to be the same as a hard disk for the purposes of LrC, and so you can (but should not) import as ADD, where the photos remain on the CFExpress card. So you have to be very careful to import using Copy (or Copy to DNG).

I believe if you imported using ADD and then formatted the CFExpress card, then your photos are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines