• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not always opening in PS via Edit In Photoshop within Lightroom

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am not really sure if this is a Lr or Ps problem.  My images are not always opening in PS via Edit In Photoshop within Lightroom.  I have to shut down my computer and start it up again to get it to work.  Not always but often enough that it is a pain.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tom O'Connor

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is usually to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic from the CC application (keep preferences), then install first Photoshop, followed by Lightroom Classic. That often fixes this 'missing link' between the two. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, I will give that a try.

Tom

Thank you,

Tom O'Connor
Cell: 925-586-2745
Email: toconnorphotography@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem.

On a Mac Pro, PS sometimes (most of the time, but not always) stops opening in new layers after maybe 3 images. I have reinstalled them both, but this has not fixed the issue.

Any ideas? Is this a bug?

Regards, Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I will give that a try.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultp0a47x2qfm3z  You have a separate issue. Check this thread for existing posts on that issue.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines