• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Not Found In LOCATE MISSING PHOTO, ARE Found in Windows 11 Explorer

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some missing photos in my Lightroom Classic catalog and I am trying to find them.  I click on LOCATE MISSING PHOTO and navigate to the correct folder but the image (usually jpg's) is not shown.  If I use Windows 11 Explorer and do the same thing with the same folder, IT IS FOUND.  My workaround is to open the image in Explorer and save it back to the folder it was in.  It then can be found in LOCATE MISSING PHOTO dialogue.  However, LOCATE MISSING PHOTO doesn't also find nearby missing photos since it can't see them.  Why is this happening and is there any way to correct it?  I have attached a screen shot for documentation.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

I'm wondering if there might be a permissions issue with OneDrive too. It's best to put images on a local hard drive, not a cloud service like OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some of us (including me) will not download attachments. Please include your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that.  Here is the screen print per your request!

Jon_Kreski_0-1638466814980.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige wrote:

some of us (including me) will not download attachments. Please include your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" button.

You do not have to download attachments anymore. There is a Preview option now. I agree that inserted photos are still preferable, but asking people to repost is counterproductive IMHO.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll continue to do it my way. Most of my browsers do not show the previews. Its counterproductive when someone asks for help and I can't see the screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have placed the photos on One Drive. Probably having an issue with One Drive, perhaps going off line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm wondering if there might be a permissions issue with OneDrive too. It's best to put images on a local hard drive, not a cloud service like OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines