Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images processed via Aurora HDR Plugin no longer get imported back

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my catalog is corrupt.

Selecting images, exporting them through the AuroraHDR plugin works fine. But when I apply the modifications in AuroraHDR, the HDR image will not import back into the catalog. This has always worked.

This catalog has over 120k images.

When I open a smaller catalog, the round trip works flawlessly - using the same Lightroom and same AuroraHDR plugin, just a different (smaller) catalog.

Questions:

1. Is this a "size" issue? i.e. is having more than 120k in the catalog causing synchronization issues?
  2. I've optimized the catalog, but still have the same issue. Is there another "diagnostic" I can run on the catalog?
  3. If no other diagostic, how do I re-build the catalog and retain all my keywords?
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: No, this is not a size issue. A catalog with 120K images is nothing special. There are photographers with catalogs containing millions of images.

2: Not that I know.

3: What you can try is creating a new catalog, and then use 'Import from Another Catalog' and import the old catalog. That should bring over everything except publishing services.

Before you do this double check for a more obvious explanation. Do you have an active filter that might filter out the incoming result? Are you in a smart collection that might do this? Is your grid sorted by 'Added Order', so the result is added all the way at the end rather than next to the original?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC P/Preferences/External Editing/Additional External Editor/

What do you have setup for Aurora HDR?

5.png

1. Is that stack button checked? If so, did you expand the resultant stack?

2. What format did you select, perhaps TIFF? (PSD? JPEG?) in the folder you are looking at in LrC, how is it sorted? Could the image be way far to the right?

Next up, where were you in LrC, before the external edit? Were you in a folder, or a collection. And when you return from Aurora to LrC, are you still in that folder or collection? Remember the actual original photo is in a folder, not actually in a collection, Look in the folder for the returned file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you start from a Collection it returns to the Collection after you save in a Plug-in.

Using Export As Catalog from All Photographs in the Catalog panel will create a new catalog that includes everything except Publish Services.  

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines