• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images returned from external editors are not selected upon return to Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve got the latest version of LR Classic and PS installed on Windows 10.

Until now I was able to right-click a picture, open it in PS and edit it there. When finished, I saved the result, and the changes were visible in LR.

Right now PS saves a tif-file containing the changed picture, are not visible in LR.

The same happens when I try to work on the picture in another programm, starting from LR (e. g. Topaz sharpen).
When I save the picture and close the app, in LR no picture is selected. And after selecting it the picture I worked on does not show the changes.

What can I do?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Perhaps

Might be an old odd problem. This fix might be urban legend.

In LrC, go and start an export. In the export screen see if Add to Catalog us checked. If not, change it to checked for now. accomplish the export. Then try a Edit in Photoshop, see if it works.

2. Preference file

If above is bull, perhaps try resetting the preference file.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but both ways don´t work.In the export-screen the "add to catalog" is unchecked. I did as you said, but the changes are not visible.

I also followed the resetting-instruction, but it did not work too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to give a chat with adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote, you stated. "n the export-screen the "add to catalog" is unchecked. I did as you said, but the changes are not visible"

Why not? You need to select to connect the image file for it to be visible in Lightroom, it's like doing an import via the add option. The actual image will remain where it was saved.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the "latest version"- and what number might that be?

It was showing external edited images next to originals before, so what changed?

One reason can be that the 'Sort' order has changed.

If Sort Order is set to [Added Order] then images from an external editor (Ps, etc) will go to the very end of photos in the Grid View and not next to the original.

Have you checked Sort Order?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my PC crashed and I had to install everything new. I stayed with Win10, LR is version 11.0.
I got one tip to try a lower version, so I downgraded to 10, but the result was the same, so I upgraded again to 11.

The sort order is the same. Since I use the german version I don´t know the exakt term, but it should be something like "capture time".

Since you mentioned it I reordered the images to "added order" and looked at the the end of the filmstrip, but the images from PS weren´t there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

following your idea I searched for the image in "all pictures".

Voila - the edited images are there, directly after the original. But what do I have to do to let them appear in the specific collection (e.g. "Wedding Tom and Mary")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you selected the original photo from within a standard Collection (Wedding Tom & Mary), then created a derivative from external editor, then the new image will also appear in the Collection.

If you [Edit In] from the FOLDER of images, then the new derivative will only appear in the Folder (or All Photographs). You would need to add it manually to the Collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines