• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMessaging in LrC

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you drag an edited photo in LrC to the desktop? If so, why when I then drag into a Text Message it shows the un-edited version?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic stores all edits in its catalog database, separately from the original image files which are left untouched in full original quality. That’s why the originals are still unedited. To use a version containing Lightroom Classic edits, it has to be exported.

So to get what you want, do a quick export of the image (File > Export), drag the exported copy from the desktop, and drop it into Apple Messages.

If you do this a lot, you can create an export preset all set up for the file format and size you want images to be for messages. Then, when you want to include an edited image in a message, just select that preset (File > Export with Preset, which you can assign a shortcut to in macOS) and pick up the image.

I like to select the Show in Finder export option (under Post-Processing) so that Lightroom Classic automatically switches to the desktop when it’s done exporting, then I just drag and drop into Messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines