Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Import collection

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

how can I import a collection from a LR cataloge into another LR cataloge? I only find the option to import folders, but not collections. I want to create a new cataloge and get images about one topic from different cataloges into the new one. 

Many thanks for helping!

Finnegan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In summary the method is-

1) (from A catalog)  Right-Click the selected Collection to Export this Collection as a Catalog   >  a temporary 'Transfer' Catalog.

2) (In the B catalog) File > Import from another Catalog.  Select the 'Transfer' Catalog to Import.

The method is similar to that described in this blog article from Victoria Bampton-

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or better yet, use one catalog from now on. Then importing something from another catalog isn't necessary.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines