• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import dialog not seeing images to import

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble importing a card of images that I shot today. I'm working on a Mac with the latest versions of both macOS and Lightroom Classic. The card was formatted in camera at the start of the day.

I can see the images on the card when reviewing them on the camera and through macOS. The images open in Preview and in Photoshop CC but when I come to import them into my Lightroom catalog the import dialog simply can't see that they are there. It is as though the card is blank. I've also tried copying the files to my hard drive and the same thing happens. I can open the files through the finder in whichever software I choose but when I come to add them to the Lightroom Catalog, the import dialog doesn't see that they are there.

I have tried selecting and deselecting the 'Don't Import Suspected Duplicates' option, which has no effect. I also can't see any of my other files if I go into my Lightroom library with 'Don't Import Suspected Duplicates' turned off. I've also tried restarting Lightroom and my machine which has had no effect.

Is anybody able to help with this issue, as of course it's preventing me from working on any new images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

So back to Paige's suggestion- have you tried changing the "Destination" folder for the import?. I have read other forum threads that suggest simply changing the destination folder once, then changing back to desired folder a second time, can influence the Import view.

And which option are you using- Copy, Move, or Add ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Destination panel is present and expanded and points to a valid folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also-  Perhaps obvious, but do you have "Include sub-folders" checked on?

ScreenShot513.jpg ScreenShot514.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've done that. Also If i go into the individual folders they appear empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So back to Paige's suggestion- have you tried changing the "Destination" folder for the import?. I have read other forum threads that suggest simply changing the destination folder once, then changing back to desired folder a second time, can influence the Import view.

And which option are you using- Copy, Move, or Add ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it. At first I didn't realise what you were suggesting - I was going into the file structure by clicking the HD icon at the top of the dialog, but by expanding the destination field it suddenly showed all of the images in an instant.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your suggestions and time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every once in a while, I get it right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shouldn't be this hard to figure out.  Worked perfectly.  You're still helping people 4 years later. LOL

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you shoot in JEPG or in RAW? If RAW does Lightroom support your camera? What happens when you tried to import jpegs?

Do you have tried to disable the GPU support?

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ 

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for the suggestions.

In response to wobertc/Paige, I've made sure that I've selected a valid folder for the destination. I'm using the copy option (which I always have. Move and Add are greyed out so I can't select them.

Axel - my camera is supported. It's a Nikon d7100 and the vast majority of the images in my catalog were shot with this catalog. I'm shooting in RAW. Trying to import a folder of jpegs (which were previously exported from LR to my desktop) gives the same effect. The import dialog doesn't show any images to import despite the images being present and accessible when opened through the Finder.

I've tried restarting LR, and my machine a couple of times and have turned GPU acceleration on and off again, and have tried importing to and from different folders, but nothing is making a difference.

I'm a little bit lost because there is nothing obviously wrong with the card or images, but the import dialog doesn't seem to show me any media to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation but it didn't work on me. I've deleted preferences, changed the destination folder, converted to picture from JPEG to PNG,RAW,BMP in ps. Nothing worked. I use Windows 10 and LR CC Classic. The thing is, I was importing photos just 4-5 hours ago, what changed? There was no problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selind9  wrote

I have the same situation ...

Start from scratch. Describe your problem in its entirety. Better yet, start a new thread for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines