Import doesn't show folders external drive containing pictures only

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Mac 12.3.1 and LR 6.14. I'm storing my images on my external hard drive (LaCie)

I never had issues importing pictures from my LaCie into LR. However, when selecting the the hard drive, after clicking on 'Import' I don't see the folders anymore. Also not when enabling or disabling 'include subfolders'

Since it used to work, and the setup/format of the hard drive didn't change in the meantime, I have no idea what the issue could be.

I've added two screen shots. The 1st displays the view LR. The 2nd is the folder structure in Finder, where selecting and opening the photos is not a problem.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Liightroom under folder tab, not import tab, do any folders show up?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy, yes they do, in line with screenshot 2 in my previous message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed in Mac OS 12.3.1, and many people are finding they need to grant LR Full Disk Access. See these instructions:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-catalog-cannot-be-used-becaus...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you John. This did the trick!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines